Thursday, August 7, 2014

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans Eyes 2015 Comeback



It's been almost nine months since Rashad Evans last stepped inside the Octagon - following the tear of his ACL in preparation for a marquee 205-pound showdown with top contender Daniel Cormier. And with his return not expected until early 2015, the former UFC light leavyweight champion has drifted to the backdrop of a very competitive division full of hungry fighters with champion Jon Jones in their sights.

But it would be wise not to forget about Evans, the man who has wins over stars such as Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin and Quinton Jackson. The former NCAA Division 1 wrestling standout has won his last two fights and is now ready to make another run at the title when he comes back.

"I want to return in February," he said on a recent episode of the MMA Hour. "That's just me giving myself enough time to make sure that I feel comfortable getting back in there because I know when I get back in there, there's nothing but tough guys in my way. I'm definitely going to have a tough fight coming back. I want to be ready for that."


Credits from: ufc

No comments:

Post a Comment